Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Perfect Place for a Settee...The Dining Room, Of Course

Ever since I first saw a photo of a beautiful curvy settee pulled up to a dining room table (years ago), I've lusted for that look in my own dining room. 

Something like this....


or this....


 or maybe this...


 or even this....


I would put it right there under the round black mirror.  What do you think?


Initially I thought Nate Burkus HSN Studio Sofa would fit the bill since it's the perfect size, comes in green velvet, has a great price and I love the look (not to mention the casters - love furniture on casters), but according to its description, it can only hold a maximum weight of 250 pounds.

 

 So you're having a cocktail party and you spot two of your much beloved, but horizontally challenged buds heading for your beautiful little studio sofa.  GASP!  What do you do?  Try to distract them until a skinnier friend plunks her tiny posterior down thereby saving your mini sofa from destruction?  Put a sign on your sofa spelling out this dubious weight restriction? Hide the sofa in the basement until the party is over?  None of these seem like acceptable options to me so I wrote off this one pretty quickly.

For now it shall remain just a nice little unfilled decorating dream.  I've got a lot of those ;-)

No comments: